From: 01/09/2016 To:01/07/2017
Eggenburg is a centre with a special concept (creative and spiritual programme) for young people in their spare time.
In the “Jugendhaus” there is a team that offers a lot of possibilities for young people to join. E.g.a so called half-open youth house, cultural events, the wide offer of creative activities, days of orientation, activities during the weekend, social and religious courses, courses for further education,…
Next to the “Jugendhaus” exists the “Lehrlingsstiftung” which offers young (unempolyed) people the chance to serve their apprenticeship in different kinds of jobs (e. G. carpenter, painter, shopkeeper). Some of those young people, who cannot go home everyday, is offered the “Wohnprojekt”, literally translated “living project”. They can stay there from Monday till Friday.
The volunteer should assist the team during different acitivites, create own projects and will be enbedded in team meetings.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
– A single room with ensuite bathroom and a small kitchen has rented for the personage.
– The breakfast and dinner will be in the Lehrlingsstiftung, at noon the volunteer has the oppotunity to cook a meal or to buy something for lunch, which will be finally supported by the host organisation.
-if the EVS is planning any activities, a car is made available in the Monastery, but if the EVS hasn´t got a driving license the mentor will give him/her a lift!
TRAINING DURING THE OPPORTUNITY
the volunteer will get on-Arrival and mid-term Meeting, and all other Training, that People from the Hosting Organisation are getting as well!
The information about vacant EVS places of this project situated on the database in general, through different info channels and networks.
Actually candidates should bring some requirements along:
– knowledge of European culture, traditions etc.,which can be useful in work with young people
– readiness to bring themselves into the organisation
– readiness to learn German and communication of Austrian conversation
– skills and abilities to work in non-formal environment
– creative skills…
It is important that he volunteer expresses his/her real motivation on the topic of the project.
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
- Application form
- – Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) and skype name
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS Austria K-Haus Rossman. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com