3 becas Erasmus+ para curso Erasmus+ en Chipre sobre nuevos métodos innovadores y metodología en la educación no formal con jóvenes con todos los gastos pagados de transporte, alojamiento y manutención
Becas cubiertas! Por favor mira más intercambios Erasmus+ y Becas Erasmus+
Stand Up Together!
The project involves the organization of a youth mobility – training course – entitled “Stand Up Together!”, from 24th July to 1st August 2016, in Paphos, Cyprus. In total 42 youth workers, youth leaders and active volunteers, working with children and adolescents originating from poor, disadvantageous families, including migrants, will participating at the mobility, representing organizations from Cyprus, Portugal, Bulgaria, Italy, Albania, Sweden, Spain, Romania, Greece, Slovakia and the Republic of Moldova.
24th July – 1st August 2016
Deadline to send documents 30/06/2016
The project aims a) at the empowerment, development and skill enhancement of participants on a personal level and b)at their training on new innovative tools using non-formal methods, which can be incorporated in their daily work with children and adolescents/youngsters to increase effectiveness of impact and results.
More specifically the objectives of the mobility are
1) to contribute towards participants’ self development, thus empowerment, self-esteem, confidence on personal level,
2) to enhance their skills in leadership, conflict resolution, mentoring and coaching and team building, promotion social inclusion, skills increasing their competences for more effective impact,
3) to train them on how they can use all these non-formal methods and tools in helping others on their path for self development, thus being other youth workers or children and young people needing support,
4) to train participants on new innovative tools and effective good practices, using informal interactive methods to support those in need by adopting them in their day-to-day work,
5) to provide a platform for exchanging of best practices, expertise and know-how with others involved in the same field,
6) to establish contacts for new projects in the future, through the networking event and
7) to learn about Cyprus and other cultures, through the intercultural nights.
ABOUT US – Hosting ORGANIZATION
hosting Organization, is not-for-profit organization established in Cyprus in Augus 2014. The main goal of the Organization is to work towards the enhancement of quality of life of citizens targeting mostly vulnerable groups, with extra emphasis on young people, covering all social policy related areas. The Organization actively supports and promotes the five principles of quality of life, thus being Human Well Being, Health, Financial Independence, Family Status, Socialization and Social Protection. The Board of the Organization in total 6 professionals works permanently on the activities and approximately 200 volunteers offer their services on different activities.
The Organization has established different Departments for effective operation: a) Youth Department, for the design and implementation of youth related projects, also responsible for the operation of the YouthVoices Programme and Chance2Learning. b) Research and Development Department, for the implementation of academic research studies and surveys and the development of policy recommendations and c) Fundraising Department, focusing on fundraising activities to financially support humanitarian causes, also operating the programme CY Care Packages, d) Project Management Department, undertaking the implementation of projects related to promoting human rights of vulnerable groups and people with fewer opportunities, gender mainstreaming and empowerment, combating poverty and social exclusion, sexual harassment prevention and other social related projects.
The activities of the Organization are designed under two pillars: A) Design and implementation of Actions targeting specific social problems. B) Development and promotion of social policy recommendations. Among its activities are: 1) Design and implementation of academic research and surveys; 2) Monitoring of social policy related legislations and directives; 3) Mapping of effective social policy practices and actions in other countries; 4) Design and implementation of projects contributing towards combating identified social problems, supporting vulnerable groups, including young people, promoting human rights, combating all kinds of discriminations in all levels of the society and promoting equal opportunities for all; 6) Provision of support, empowerment and enhancement of the quality of life of vulnerable groups; 7) Awareness raising, dissemination of information and organization of social campaigns; 8) Establishment of a network with national and international parties, involved in social policy issues.
Youth Workers, Youth Leaders, Volunteers working / or are interested at working, with children or adolescents or other young people with fewer opportunities, originating from poor or/and disadvantageous families;
Over 18 years old (no age limit);
English Level (at least Medium level speaking and writing);
Ability and flexibility to participate at the youth mobility in Cyprus from 24th July – 1 a multi-cultural environment;
Experience in the organization of youth activities aiming at supporting, empowering and contributing towards personal development of children/adolescents and other young people with fewer opportunities;
Interest in personal empowerment, self-development and enhancement of skills;
Interest and willingness for learning and acquiring knowledge, skills, know-how and experience in new innovative non-formal educational tools and methods on assisting children and young people with fewer opportunities;
Willingness to exploit what they will learn during the youth mobility;
Commitment to contribute towards dissemination activities and follow-up of the project;
Commitment to share acquired knowledge with other youth workers/leaders/volunteers in their organization.
Gender balance has to be followed as much as possible (2 Male and 1 Female participant or 1 male and 2 female participants per organization);
Some priority will be given to participants belonging to groups with fewer opportunities or with disadvantaged backgrounds.
Cyprus situated at the north-eastern end of the Mediterranean basin, is the third largest island in the region, with an area of 9,251 square kms. Cyprus is an island of legends that basks year-round in the light of the warm Mediterranean sun. A storied past 10,000 years long has seen civilizations come and go and the likes of everyone from Alexander the Great to Cleopatra stake their claim here – but then, people do tend to get possessive when faced with such beauty. Aphrodite made her home on Cyprus, and travelers throughout antiquity came here just to pay her tribute.
In Cyprus a visitor will discover a compact world of alluring beaches and fragrant mountain peaks, vineyards studded with olive trees and ancient ruins that stir the imagination, citrus groves and old stone villages where sweet wine flows as freely as conversations at the local café. A carefree place where a sense of timelessness is magnified by the kindness of the people.
The capital of Cyprus is Nicosia. Other major cities are Paphos, Limassol and Larnaca.
Paphos, or Pafos, is located on the southwest coast of Cyprus and is sheltered from the north by the Troodos mountains. With its pleasant harbour and medieval fort, Paphos combines a cosmopolitan holiday resort, spectacular countryside and historical sites. The region offers the possibility of enjoying both sea and mountains, as well as getting a taste of the island’s cultural with its many archaeological sites. More information on http://www.visitpafos.org.cy/default.aspx
Travel and Finances
Travel expenses are a heavy burden on the budget of this project. Participants are therefore required to arrange their journeys in the most economical manner possible.
In order to find the most economic tickets we advise you to visit Rumbo. You have 530€ budget for return tickets.
TRAVEL TO PAPHOS, CYPRUS
The only way to travel to Cyprus is via airplane.
1) FLIGHTS TO CYPRUS: There are two legitimate Airports in Cyprus, a) Paphos International Airport (the nearest airport to the venue 18,5 km away) and b) Larnaca International Airport (136 km away). The only legitimate airports in Cyprus are in Larnaca and Paphos – recognized/acknowledged by the EU and international organizations. Please emphasize this to your participants as they cannot land to the North part of the island, thus is the Turkish Cypriot part, as it is restricted. (In 1974 Turkey invaded Cyprus and divided the island into half, occupying the north part of Cyprus. Ever since they are trying to solve the Cyprus problem but hasn’t been achieved yet). So, please note that flights through Turkey, even though they are cheaper, land to the North and are not covered by the Cyprus National Agency of Erasmus +, thus are not reimbursed. All participants must fly to Larnaca and Paphos Airports (destinations).
2) BUS TO THE VENUE (Hilltop Gardens): The most economy way to arrive at the venue is by bus. We do not recommend taxis as they are expensive. The bus routes and hours are the following:
a) From Paphos International Airport to Hilltop Gardens: In order to reach the accommodation venue participants will need to take two buses as following, along with the hours for arrival/departure. In case of assistance you can either contact us or simply ask the drivers.
Bus 612 – Paphos Airport – Harbour Station: You will take this bus and get off at the Harbour Station where you will change bus to take Bus 615. Please ask the driver to show you.
– Hours from Airport: Monday – Sunday: 7:35, 8:45, 9:55, 11:05, 12:15, 13:25, 14:35, 15:45,
– Hours from Harbour Station to Airport: Monday – Sunday: 7:00, 8:10, 9:20, 10:30, 11:40, 12:50,
Bus 615 – Harbour Station – Coral Bay: You will take Bus 615 from Harbour Station and get off at the stop Tombs of the Kings Av. Please ask the driver to show you or inform you for the right stop.
The accommodation venue is exactly opposite the bus stop.
– Hours from Harbour: Monday – Sunday: 6:25, 6:30, 7:30, 8:00 – 11:50 (every 10 minutes), 12:05,
– Hours from Coral Bay: Monday – Sunday: 7:00, 7:25, 8:05, 8:35, 8:45, 8:55, 9:05, 9:20 – 12:40 (every
b) From Larnaca Airport to Hilltop Gardens: From Larnaca Airport you will depart from Larnaca Airport Bus Stop and get on the bus route Cyprus Airports Shuttle Services towards Paphos Airport (estimated time 1:29 min.)
– Hours from Larnaca Airport-Paphos Airport: Sunday, Wednesday to Saturday: 03:45 , 10:15 ,
– Hours from Paphos Airport-Larnaca Airport: Monday: 00:30 , 11:00 , 12:00 , 14:45 , 19:40
Then at the Paphos Airport you have to take buses 612 to the Harbor and then 615 to get off at the stop Tombs of the Kings to reach the venue.
Fares: For buses 612 and 615 the bus fare is 1.50 EUR (one way for buses until 21:00) and 2.50 (one way for night buses after 21:00). For buses from Larnaca Airport to Paphos Airport is 15 EUR (one way)
You can find more details on the routes/timetable and fares you can find on http://www.cyprusbybus.com. We will also assist you with scheduling your bus routes.
The group will be staying at the Hilltop Gardens Hotel Apartments in Paphos, Cyprus and the mobility activities will be organized at a seminar venue at Kissos Hotel, which is near the accommodation venue.
Hilltop Gardens is situated at Kato Paphos in the Tombs of the Kings Road, and offers apartments with balconies or Terrence, and features an outdoor swimming pool, Bar/Snackbar, childrens pool, mini market and a tennis court. Website: http://www.hilltop-cyprusapartments.com
We have arranged participants to stay in 3-bed apartments, each with TV, fully-equipped kitchens with a refrigerator, toaster and an electric kettle, as they are self-catering. The rules and regulations regarding the accommodation and transportation will be provided to you upon your arrival.
What to Bring:
Laptop/tablet, Photo Camera, Comfortable clothes and shoes, Beach Towels, Sun Lotion, Swim-suits,
Light Sweater for nights
Materials/Information about your Organization
Traditional Food/Sweets/Drinks from your country for the Intercultural Nights
Breakfast: We will fill each apartment’s fridge with the necessary ingredients and materials for a healthy breakfast, for participants to have their breakfast in their own space at whatever time they wish, before the official opening of the activities every day.
Lunch and Dinner: We have arranged for different venues to offer lunch and dinner every day. Details will be provided to you upon your arrival. Menus will be fixed, with some cases providing specific options. We will take into consideration participants who are vegetarians or have specific dietary needs due to possible health problems.
Coffee-Breaks: During the working activities, coffee breaks will be offered.
Every night we will have an intercultural evening/night, with two different country presentations. The programme mentions which countries are presenting on which night (random choice).
Each country group has to prepare the evening and their presentation based on their own ideas. They can bring traditional sweets, food, drink (if possible), leaflets/brochure from countries, flags, short film presentations, music, and if they want present folklore dances. Please inform us what equipment you will need. If you want to cook something in the kitchen of your apartment, please notify us to see a) how to organize it, since the hotel management does not allowed bringing food at the bar next to the swimming pool and b) to get the necessary ingredients for you.
FLASH-MOB, NETWORKING EVENT, CULTURAL VISITS AND OTHER EVENTS-SURPRISES
It is important for us to provide you, throughout the week, apart from the educational part of the mobility, the most important part of course of the mobility, with opportunities for socialization, interaction, networking, cultural education and entertaining and fun activities/experiences. Some will be:
1) FLASH-MOB AT THE PAPHOS HARBOR: We have incorporated a Flash-Mob in the programme to be organized on Saturday 30th July 2016, at the Paphos Harbor, the most touristic spot in Paphos which is one of the important deliverables/dissemination tools of the project. The preparation will begin before participant’s arrival to Cyprus and the programme includes sessions for practice! The flash-
mob will be filmed and be widely disseminated by all partner organizations. The aim of the flash- mob is to promote Erasmus +, the countries participating in the specific mobility and send messages, in the form of words, to the world about equality, tolerance, love, working together, peace, support, social inclusion and others. Note: If any of the participants does not wish to participate at the flash-
mob please inform us.
2) NETWORKING EVENT: On Sunday 31st July 2016, we will plan a networking event, where different Cyprus NGOs involved in social welfare, support to vulnerable groups will be invited to come and meet all the organization involved in the project. Therefore each organization group should bring leaflets/brochures and anything else they consider important to disseminate information and establish new contacts for future collaborations. The event will be photographed and be widely disseminated.
3) CULTURAL VISIT TO PAPHOS: Paphos is a beautiful touristic city, with great historical and sight- seeing monuments, apart from beautiful beaches, one of the reasons we have chosen to organize the mobility. On Satuday 30th July 2016 we have arranged for a short cultural visit at Paphos Harbor area.
4) FAREWELL PARTY: On 31st July we will organize a farewell party at the accommodation venue. Wewill provide more information upon your arrival.
5) OTHER EVENTS: We will organize some other events we have planned, which will be surprise and cannot be revealed to you at this moment! You will love them!!!
PREPARATION BEFORE ARRIVAL
Participants need to collaborate with their organizations to prepare some material related to specific sessions/topics.
1) Presentation of your Organization
2) Real life experiences/cases regarding the circumstances or difficulties or challenges faced working with children/adolescents/young people from poor families or/and with fewer opportunities
3) Good practices implemented to help and support them. Some countries have already provided information on good practice programmes and we will be in touch separately to prepare
4) Ideas/views on preparing the Flash-Mob – will be performed via the project’s facebook page.
5) Ideas/views on preparing the Toolkit Stand Up Together! – will be performed via the project’s facebook page.
6) Games/energizers/fun exercises are welcome!
1) ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS: Accommodation and meals are fully covered by the Erasmus Plus and will be paid by the Social Policy and Action Organization. Only food and beverages and other personal expenses, outside the daily programme, will be paid by each participant. Alcohol will not be included in the daily menu (lunch or dinner). Options will be provided to those who would like to drink alcohol.
2) INSURANCE: The project costs do not cover for insurance, therefore unfortunately we cannot reimburse them. Therefore we suggest you to brink with you the European Health Card in order to be safe in case of emergency. Concerning the non EU countries, we suggest you to buy insurance for travel, even though is not mandatory.
3) VISA COSTS: Non EU countries, partnering countries to be exact, need visa to enter Cyprus. We suggest for all those in need of visa to inform us of the cost beforehand, for approval of cost.Visa costs will be reimbursed, but PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH THE COST IN ADVANCE in order to arrange it.
4) EXTRA LUGGAGE: We WILL NOT REIMBURSE ANY EXTRA LUGGAGE for any participant.
IMPORTANT REIMBURSEMENT RULES REGARDING TRAVEL COSTS:
The following are extremely IMPORTANT and must be followed carefully:
REIMBURSEMENT RULES FOR TRAVEL COSTS
1) MOST ECONOMY TRAVEL MEANS: You will have to buy the most economy way to travel from your country to the venue, thus including train, bus, and airline flights.
2) TRAVEL SCHEDULE/ROUTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR TRAVEL SCHEDULE BEFORE HAND FOR APPROVAL
3) PURCHASE OF TICKETS: DO NOT BUY ANY TICKET WITHOUT OUR CONFIRMATION OR PERMISSION AND UPON APPROVAL OF THE TRAVEL SCHEDULE/ROUTE.
4) TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Invoices, receipts, tickets, boarding passes must be provided to us on their original forms, concerning both arrival and departure.
5) MAX TRAVEL COSTS: As foreseen by Erasmus + the amount of travel costs allowed for reimbursement are calculated according to the distance of your country to Paphos, Cyprus. The following table shows the max. amount of reimbursement to participants from each country.
REIMBURSEMENT PROCEDURE FOR TRAVEL COSTS:
You will be reimbursed your travel costs via BANK TRANSFER, as foreseen by Erasmus + regulations, after the conclusion of the youth mobility and return to your country and:
1) After receiving ALL ORIGINAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS (Invoices/receipts/tickets/boarding passes). Some will be collected during the mobility and the remaining will have to be sent via registered mail
2) MOBILITY TOOL REPORT: Filling out the official Erasmus + Mobility Tool Report upon return to your country, which is COMPULSORY.
3) We suggest for each Partner Organization to act as the intermediary who will receive the reimbursed money for their participants and distribute them accordingly. This issue is open for discussion and agreement between us, the partner organizations and each participant.
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
You should complete registration in 2 steps:
1. Please send your CV , application form and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “TC Cyprus Ifigenia.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME“. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”. All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “TC Cyprus Ifigenia.YOURNAME.YOUR SURNAME“.
Selected participants will receive the detailed infosheet after the selection process.
2. Pay the registration fee (40€) by Paypal or bank transfer to :Asociación Building Bridges, CIF G85466886. This registration fee includes one year membership to our National and International activities.
* It is compulsory to send application form, CV and motivation letter and pay the registration fee at the same time in order to be within the pre-selection process.
If you are not selected by the sending or hosting organisation, we will reimburse the fee. Please see conditions of Erasmus+ grants
Payment by bank: Asociacion Building Bridges
IBAN / BIC:
ES67 0081 1534 5900 0116 4823 / BSAB ESBB
What do our participants say?
- Álvaro en Cerdeña
- Carlos e Isabel en su SVE social
- Vídeo de Alejandro
- María de SVE en Córcega
- Alicia en Polonia
Mira las fotos de nuestros voluntarios en Madrid y Europa... Ver fotos