Dates and location
We are looking for a volunteer for next school year for Siska forest kindergarten in Brno, Czech Republic.
Deadline to apply: 15th of December 2016
We are a non profit non governmental association established in 2012 running forest kindergarten, supporting community life and environmental education. Volunteers in Siska will be working mainly as assistants of pedagogues (assist during common activities, accompany with them children in the forest, assist in regular courses for kids – music, arts, sports, handicraft etc. – according to their interest, occasional events or summer camps). Volunteers will be also helping children while putting on clothes, dining etc. and may be asked to help with practical tasks connected with the run of kindergarten – cooking, washing the dishes, cleaning and gardening. This changes during holiday seasons when we organize camps for children (and discuss with volunteer their participation). Volunteers will be supported to bring new ideas and organize own activities for children. Coordinating organization hosts more EVS volunteers who meet every week on common meetings with coordinator.
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
The volunteer will live in a flat (private room, shared flat) in Brno. He/She will have lessons of Czech language and meetings with EVS coordinator and other volunteers – there will be group of other EVS volunteers, working in other partner organizations in Brno. Volunteers have 2 days a week free + 2 days per month of vacation. They are provided with card for public transport, get pocket money and food allowance monthly.
Volunteer will work 35 hours per week (this includes Czech language lessons, meeting with coordinator and other volunteers, own miniproject/s).
training during the project
On-arrival and midterm training organized by National Agency, on-arrival “orientation week” organized by us for group of our volunteers (intensive Czech language course, orientation in Brno, Czech culture, law, etc.). Volunteers can also all year round visit some of the courses and events organized by Luzanky for free to learn something new and for recreation (s.a. circus trainings for adults, ceramics, aerobic).
We are looking for two volunteers who are motivated to work with children outdoors, in touch with nature and natural conditions. Sometimes it may be difficult to stay outside when the weather is not good. Please be aware that because of the conditions the project is not suitable for people with allergies. Volunteer´s personal experience with outdoor activities, scouting, woodcraft etc. is welcome. We will appreciate active volunteers willing to propose their own ideas and projects.
Due to the specific work with children and youngsters we cannot accept volunteers under 18 years old.
QUESTIONS TO ANWSER:
1. We spend almost entire working time outside (also in winter), which for some people might be very demanding. Do you think you could manage it?
2. Do you have some camping skills like making a fire, chopping a wood etc.?
3. How would you solve a conflict between two children who are fighting over a toy? Please describe briefly how you would proceed.
4. What would you like to gain from your EVS?
5. In what area are you good and you would like to share your knowledge and experience with others?
participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
How to apply
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Czech Republic Siska Brno. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com