01.09.2016 – 30.06.2017 (10 months)
The school is a private institution which has an agreement with the French State. It hosts around 850 pupils and students from all backgrounds, from the first year of preschool to the 2nd year of secondary school. Apart from teaching the state education official programs, the school offers extracurricular activities to the pupils, which aim is to develop their skills and their sociability.
The volunteers intervene within the school life team with the objective of bringing a plus factor through their own skills. This will also be the occasion for them to assert themselves, to lend an ear to the young people, so as to possibly detect a problematic situation.
The volunteers have the possibility to attend French classes within the school.
A typical week is made of:
– supervision and activities leading in different places where the pupils are;
– leading workshops;
– extracurricular coaching;
– a time for consultation and team meeting.
Working time : Max 35 hours per week, 2 days off per week and 2 days holiday per month.
Accommodation : in a flat with other volunteers
Food : during class day, volunteers take their meals with the children ; during the evenings and week-end, they will get money by the school in order to cook for themselves or go the student restaurant.
Fair level of French to ease the communication with the beneficiaries of the project.
We would prefer hosting an open-minded volunteer who is also motivated to present his home country. It is also important that the volunteer has a good sense of responsibility and is outgoing (especially with young people). Personal skills like singing, drama, dancing, painting, etc. would be appreciated.
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30.06.2016 with subject “EVS_Strasbourg.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”