Servicio Voluntario Europeo de 6 meses de duración en Nicosia, la capital de Chipre. Trabaja con otros jóvenes del país y desarrolla tu propio proyecto personal durante esta gran experiencia. ¡Sigue leyendo para conoce todos los detalles y poder aplicar!
05/01/2016 – 04/07/2016
This EVS project is developed to allow young people to learn about educational systems and also to allow them to contribute to the building of various systems for youth. This EVS project will give the volunteers the opportunity to work in an environment that is open to new ideas and welcomes initiatives from the volunteers.
The volunteers will:
– work with youth workers and educators to develop workshops and training courses and also youth projects
– interact with youth and adults and discover the needs with regard to education in our local society and help develop workshops and training curses which will optimise the learning outcomes for the various fields
– interact with youth in the local community and discover problems that youth face today and help the organisation develop youth projects which can offer the young participants of their youth exchanges gain more from them
– work with educators utilizing one line education platforms and help in the development of new online courses and also contributing to the methods used in online education
– be able to learn the different methods used to develop educational platforms and program and will also be able to contribute to the quality and outcomes of the various programs developed
These programs are designed to be used in different countries so the volunteers will also be able to offer their input from their personal perspective. Our organisation wants to help provide more opportunities for all our locals and with this project the volunteers will be able to deal with real life issues and will be able to contribute to methods and solutions for these problems and will be able to help our people develop systems to help in education on a formal and non-formal basis. As these programs are also put into place in several other countries the partner organisations can gain from this project but utilising the outcomes of the project in their own organisations to help more young people in education and gaining more skills and competences.
Part of the project will be to learn about new cultures but also to teach the locals about their different cultures.
Non-formal and informal methods are used during this project allowing for the participants to obtain competences and also for them to be able to further multiply the learning outcomes to young people in their communities. Working with professionals and experts in a professional environment allows the volunteers to understand real life situations and to deal with them and gain the needed skills and competences to deal with similar situations after their EVS experience.
The project is designed to allow for the 8 key competences of YouthPass to be obtained by the participants. Some of the competences to be enhanced and developed are:
– Problem identification and solving skills
– Working in intercultural groups and Intercultural learning
– Project and event management learning; participants are involved in all the phases of the project (preparation, realization, evaluation and follow-up), and will create events and activities during the project
– Understanding of gender issues
– International travel learning Key competences to be obtained during the training course
Before the EVS activity we will ask the participant to identify common problems relating to youth in their own communities with particular emphasis on education and skill building. They will identify the needs of their sending organisation and the people they represent and also obtain information from the organisation and their youth. This will be done in their mother tongue allowing them to develop their native language skills.
The language used in the host country is predominantly English with the volunteers and the host organisation but the volunteers will also learn Greek as this is the language of the host country and the language mostly spoken by the local youth. This will allow the participants to enhance their foreign language skills by communicating with each other in English and also with the local youth in Greek and English. Intercultural learning is dominant throughout the projects as the volunteers will work in intercultural groups and will also be sharing their culture and learning from the different cultures of the people they work and interact with. We encourage the volunteers to undertake cultural activities allowing them to share their cultures and also for them to learn about other cultures.
– Positive Energy
– Collaborative and Sense of Initiative
– Willing to stay for the entire duration of the project in another country in a house with many different people and culture
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject “EVS Youth Nicosia Cyprus 2016. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com