Tenemos una interesante oportunidad SVE en un centro de información juvenil. Se requiere estar dispuestos a trabajar en equipo, tener iniciativa y una mentalidad abierta.
Lille Maja is a youth centre. Youth room is a place where the youth (7 – 26 years old) can come and spend their free time. Our aim is to connect spending free time and having fun with non-formal learning.
1) First of all an experience in the field of youthwork: communication with young people and feeling that it really matters what you do. You can learn to lead a group, organize events, advertise etc.
2) Support from our team. We are ready to share our experience, but also we are ready to learn from you and your experience. You can propose your ideas and we help to put them into practice. (We have 4 youth workers, an administrator, a director and cleaning lady in our team. And most important is that we love our work.)
3) Support from the supervisor: helping to plan and analyze what you do. Also support from mentor (somebody who is not connected with Lille Maja and with whom you can talk really freely about everything).
4) The EVS project provides you with lodging, food and pocket money and network of other EVS volunteers.
5) Insight into Estonian culture and skills of Estonian language (language lessons are twice a week).
Tasks and activities
1) Youth room is open from Monday to Friday from 13.00-19.00. During this time we would like EVS volunteer to communicate with the kids, talk to them, play with them, arrange activities. During vacations (a week in October, a week in March, 2-3 weeks in June) youth room is open from Monday to Friday from 10.00-17.00. In the mornings EVS volunteer will have time to prepare his/ her activities.
2) We would like EVS volunteer to arrange 3 activities once a week.(For example a volunteer from Italy instructed 2.1) an art club on every Monday at 14.00-18.00. 2.2) Italian language class on every Tuesday at 18.00-19.00 and 2.3) a cooking club on every Wednesday at 17.00-19.00.)
3) We would like EVS volunteer to design posters for his/ her own activities and Lille Maja’s other activities.
4) We would like EVS volunteer to participate actively in Lille Maja s projects (like team-work workshops for 10-30 pupils, Forum Theatre group, instructing workshops on different festivals, summer camps etc.). Sometimes these projects would take place during weekends – then EVS volunteer would get free days afterwards.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. Write in a motivational letter why you would like to come during your EVS to Lille Maja and Tartu and Estonia. —
– List of activities that you would do. We would like to have 3 PLANS: one for each activity during one month with explanations why would you do that and what would be the outcome for the kids. (You can choose from those activities the Italian volunteer instructed or you can arrange something that is more meaningful for you.)
– Write us about some project you would like to lead – main IDEA.
– Fill the application form
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS_Tartu_YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”.