Requerda! Envia tu solicitud para este proyecto solo si estas realmente interesado y tienes disponibilidad para salir 1 de Abril.
Baia Mare, Romania
01.04.2016 – 30.03.2017 (12 months)
Located about 600 km away from Bucharest (the capital of Romania), close to the Ukrainian and the Hungarian borders, home to 115,000 inhabitants, Baia Mare, the capital of Maramureş County, hosts a mixture of cultural and ethnic variety. A history of more than 2000 years of gold, silver and other nonferrous metals extraction has carved its landscapes and culture, with many architectural remaining from the medieval time.
The main role of the volunteers will be to work with children in villages around the hosting community and to bring new methods into their everyday educational system, including learning by playing and by doing. The project also answers the needs of pupils in rural areas to learn foreign languages and to experience different learning methods. The work of the volunteers in the community will bring opportunities for alternative education during school schedule and after classes, for their free time. Volunteers will organize educational activities such as science fairs and competitions, sports activities of different types, painting classes, clay modeling, dancing and education through games, origami, and storytelling etc.
Tasks and activities
– Short term organizing activities like seminars and debates on different topics That Encourage active citizenship;
– Planning, organizing staff and Facilitating community projects in villages;
– Facilitating planning and summer camps in the villages;
– Assisting educational activities in schools from rural areas, providing after-school opportunities for children in villages;
– Assisting language lessons in schools and high-schools of Baia Mare;
– Providing help in kindergartens;
– Intercultural holding presentations.
– aged between 18 to 30 years;
– having a strong motivation to work in an international team of volunteers;
– willing to work closely with teachers from schools and high-schools;
– being motivated to work with children, especially in the rural areas;
– feeling comfortable with the idea of being the center of attention, comfortable to answer the curiosity of others about them;
– being an ambassador of their culture, willing to talk and make presentation about their country – being decided to analyze situations, communicate about problems and seek solutions to make things work better, both for themselves and the others, being proactive and confident;
– willing to learn and develop themselves, in an intercultural team;
– having long term objectives for being part of the project.
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to email@example.com before the 01.03.2016 with subject “EVS_Baia_Mare.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”