TITLE OF THE PROJECT
Life style 2.0
Kuressaare, Saaremaa island, Estonia
Active life style, sport, tehnology(programs, computers).
EVS STAGE DURATION
1 year (1 February 2017-31 January 2018)
- Main activities:
explore the local surroundings with the youngsters in various activities in order to make the most of what Saaremaa is offering: eg. organize hikes, bike trips, camps so that kids can learn to value the beauty of nature and also encourage an active life-style
mix technology and active life style: use tablets for walking in the forest, use different programs to be healty and see how much you are doing sport/steps; or plan photo-shootings outdoors to make the most of the beautiful estonian skyies&landscapes and develop new skills
have knowledge about tehnology- computers(different programs, games etc), tablets, cameras and will teach and do activities with younsters: poster making workshop, movie making workshop etc.
document all the activities by taking photos and making short movies, and encourage youth to do so as well, so that at the end of the volunteering stage the volunteer can create together with the youngsters a video illustrating a healthy, promoting the beauty that lies within our good habbits and our island
o communicate, engage in fun activities with youth in youth centres;
o help in hobby lessons;
o help in organizing children and youth events;
o the volunteer is also welcome to create and fulfill his own ideas, projects and activities that are in accordance with our organisation’s principles.
SKILLS AND TALENT REQUIRED
– comfortable and confident around youngsters
– speak basic English; take initiative;
– it would be preferable that the volunteer has past experience in sports, healty life style projects, or if not at least a strong interest to these areas, as also towards pc/indoor games, because he will have to make the most of our requisite.
– have experiences with different tehnology and knows how to use them(computers,smartphones,APPS, programs etc).
– collaborative and reliable; be flexible; be able to work both independently and in a team;
– curious, creative and easy-going;
– 35 hours/week, Monday-Friday; the youth center is opening for young people in the after-noon so the volunteer can come a earlier to prepare his activity during the day, but not very early in the morning.
– 2 days off per week; usually Saturday and Sunday; in case the youth center has an event in the week-end days the volunteer will receive his free day in the immediately working days that follow;
2 days /month (maximum 24 working days for the whole project)
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
Fully covered by hosting organization.
The volunteer will live in a cozy hostel room with shared kitchen/bathroom and showers. Everything is nice and clean and it allows the volunteer to interact with local student that live in the hostel too during the school year.
A monthly food allowance is provided.
85 €/month (pocket money)
HOW TO APPLY
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS Estonia Liis Kuressaare. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com
You will be notified via email as soon as possible if you have been selected for the next round.
The second test is a Skype meeting in English language where we’ll talk all the details of the project