We have offered EVS volunteering opportunities as a host organisation since 2013. We have had total of eighteen EVS-volunteers from six countries. Our project is named EMPOWERMENT THROUGH COMMUNITY, CULTURE AND CULTIVATION.
The eco-village organizes cultural, social and international projects at the estate. The association host different visiting groups, co-operate with the surrouding community, arranges activities such as summer market&cafeteria, the harvest fair in the fall, different types of events and courses as well as the entry of foreign voluntary workers to our village.
VOLUNTEERING IN ECO-VILLAGE IN FINLANDIA
We are now looking for volunteers for our next year project (Empowerment through community, culture and cultivation 2), which will start in the beginning of April 2017 and lasts for 7 for 2 persons and 4 for 12 months. We try to find three women and three men from different European countries and now we have a lack of male candidates
The volunteers work for the community around 34 hours per week from Tuesday to Saturday, and they will get 12 days of vacation in addition to free weekends. The volunteers will receive a pocket money of 125 euros per month in addition to accommodation, food, necessary traveling, and other necessities.
We offer an opportunity to learn through working and living together with different people living in our community. Volunteers will gain new experiences by participating in the everyday chores of our village, from cooking and ecological building to animal care. Our volunteers will also help organize events like seasonal fairs. A major cornerstone in our project is the cultivation of our land and ourselves; bringing the food to the table all the way from planting the seeds through weeding and finally harvesting the crops.
– assisting in ecological building
– helping in biodynamic farming and gardening
– in pairs cooking healthy meals for the whole community (about 40 persons) every day using local ingredients. (You will get help in the beginning!) And conserving the products of the garden during harvest time.
– simple household tasks as grocery shopping and cleaning
– maintaining dry toilets and heating sauna
– taking care of the farm animals
– helping the community to organize events and cultural happenings
– keeping company to the children and activating them
– designing new opportunities for sustainable ecological living and promoting EVS/Erasmus+
– visiting and helping in the local community for example in schools, youth club, scouts, old people’s home, events etc.
The volunteers will be living in our community house, pictured in the background image of this page. The immediate surrounding area is peaceful countryside of Vesilahti. Vesilahti is a nice small municipality of roughly 4500 residents, 35 kilometers from the third biggest city of Finland, Tampere. Kurjen Tila has strong connections with Tampere, most of our residents are employed within the city. You can research the surrounding area through google maps here.
Public transport between Vesilahti and Tampere is solid, but if the need arises we have a car permanently in the use of our volunteers.
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the middle of September.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
- – Application form (signed) from Building Bridges
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.