C L E A N U P !
Cleaning Local Environment And eNcouraging its Utilization and Protection
Dates and place
1 March 2017 – 28 February 2018, Bulgaria, Pernik-Meshtitsa
Long term EVS project – 4 volunteers
Call for volunteers – CLEAN UP!
Are you environmentally conscious?
Do you want to make good things for the community?
Do you like building things and planting flowers and trees?
Do you want to meet new people and learn a new language?
This project might be for you!
The 12 month long-term EVS project “CLEAN UP!” will take place in Bulgaria, in the city of Pernik and the nearby village of Meshtitsa, hosted by us , from 1st March 2017 to 28 February 2018, uniting the energy and skills of 4 volunteers from 4 European countries.
• To raise young people’s awareness of protecting environment, traditional handworks and other cultures, to help them evolve their orientation skills, to manage unknown situations and to work as a team.
• This positive experience should motivate young people to tell others about them, create their own projects, participate in other kinds of volunteering and use all this in their future.
• Participants will develop their foreign language skills, cultural awareness and civic competences as well as different social skills.
• Promote EVS and Erasmus+ programme.
In this EVS project you will:
• create a “Free of waste” area;
• do handicraft work with natural resources – working with wood, creating your own green house for flowers and vegetables, learning about local cuisine, herbs and spices;
• planting trees, flowers and decoration bushes, growing your own vegetables;
• create a strategy and promotional materials for prevention of the river banks from house waste;
• do community service volunteer work – leaving something useful and creative behind – cleaning the environment, planting, decorating to leave a motivating message to the local people and the future young participants of future youth projects,
sharing EVS experiences with local youth;
• organize non-formal intercultural events and language courses for the local youths and seniors;
Profile of volunteers
• Should be in good health and physical shape since during the warm months most of the activities will be outdoors;
• Be interested in environmental issues and finding solutions for them but volunteers don’t need earlier experience;
• Be willing to be part of the team and be part of the daily activities with positive and open mind;
• Be able to communicate in English;
• Be ready to share accommodation with other volunteers from different countries and cultures;
• To have ICT skills;
• Be ready to work with younger and senior local people;
• Must be between18-30 years old.
THE HOSTING ORGANISATION
The Association was founded in 2012 in the village of Meshtitsa, Municipality of Pernik, Bulgaria. Our team has set an ambitious goal to work for and assist in the development and strengthening of family and spiritual values, civil society, culture, new technologies, healthcare and physical education at local and national level. Special attention is paid on creation, application and multiplication of good practices regarding youth and adolescence policies – provoking interest in sports activities, healthy and nature friendly way of life, finding and supporting Bulgarian talents in the country and abroad; work with disadvantaged groups and people with mental and physical difficulties, as well as encouraging their inclusion in all kinds of lifelong learning.
Another focus of our activities is revival and strengthening of the rich Bulgarian rites, calendar celebrations and traditions of the Bulgarians, including protection, preservation and popularization of the Bulgarian folklore and traditional crafts in the country and abroad. The Association also takes initiatives in the area of ecology, culture, arts and sports aiming at environmental protection and development of alternative tourism forms. Our team works hard to turn the Association into a regional resource support center in the context of the international integration and regional and international cooperation through developing sustainable partnerships with Bulgarian and foreign national, regional, municipal public and private organizations. The Association follows the principles of social equality and responsibility and will not allow any discrimination and conflict of interest.
Volunteering & Free time activities
Participants will do UP TO 7 hours of volunteer work 5 days per week and the rest of the time they will spend as they decide.
Volunteers are free to organize their free time and days off as their want to.
Activities in free time when organized by us – outdoor sports activities, team work games and exercises, hiking, mountaineering, international evenings, cuisine lessons, etc.
You may have some of your free days united if you decide to travel around the country.
You may join some of our international activities in Serbia but you need to take with you a valid international passport as well.
Meeting point and how to get there
All volunteers will be accommodated in a shared apartnert in the city of Pernik
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pernik – a district city half an hour from the capital of Sofia.
There is regular public transportation to the city but if all participants come at the same time we may meet them in Sofia and drive to Pernik.
Arriving to the location: Airports in Bulgaria: Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna; nearest airports in the neighbouring countries: Nis, Serbia.
From these cities you can take bus or train to Pernik!
Practical info & money reimbursement
• You will be accommodated in a fully equipped shared accommodation in the central part of Pernik within a walking distance from the office and all administration buildings.
• You will sleep in shared rooms with separate beds.
• You will have to cook your own meals in the apartment kitchen. Each volunteer will get 140 Euro per month for food.
• There will be unlimited access to the internet in the office.
• Travelling costs to be reimbursed are according to the EU distance calculator per each participant.
They will be transferred to sending organization account after presenting all original travel documents.
• Participants will also receive 70 Euro pocket money per months during the project.
What to bring with you?
• Sleeping bag, a pillow and bed linen;
• Comfortable backpack (for one day hike and travelling in the country);
• A pair of working shoes;
• Outdoor clothes for four seasons;
• A towel and a set of personal belongings;
• Medicines that you usually use and need;
• Passport or other official identification;
• Your EVS insurance paper (made by sending organization) and European health insurance card (you must organize it personally);
• Some musical instruments, games etc. for representing your country in the intercultural events;
• Special needs (diets, medicine). Please tell us beforehand if you need any assistance from us in this matter
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.