Si la educación es lo tuyo y quieres echar una mano allí donde se te necesita, hay varios proyectos en una organización que trabaja con niños con discapacidad esperándote. ¿No tienes plan para 2016? Pues cualquiera de estos SVE puede hacerte vivir un año inolvidable. ¡Sigue leyendo!
From October 2016 for 12 months
Description of the organisation:
The Association for People with Disablility was established in 2004 on the initiative of teachers working at Special Education Needs and Training Centre in Malbork. Our main goal is to support the process of rehabilitation of children and young people with special education needs, learning at schools belonging to the Special Education Needs and Training Centre . There are 172 children in care in our Centre including nursery, primary , secondary, vocational and training school and school with mild, moderate and multiple intellectual disabilities. Some of the children stay in the boarding school from Monday to Friday. Our activity is based on the social (unpaid) work of members and volunteers coming from the The Centre teachers and some Parents.
The role of the volunteer in our organization will be based on 3 guidelines:
- Direct support in working with children.
- Technical assistance in their daily work.
- Own initiative, a presentation of the volunteer’s country.
The volunteer is going to be our partner in the Society and we would like him/her to join our tasks. He/she will have the opportunity to learn about the forms and methods of working with disabled children at different stages of education, will get some pedagogical skills and knowledge in supporting the development of children and youth with mental disabilities.
Examples of typical volunteer activities:
- Games and afterschool clubs activities.
- Organizational and cleanup activities during the classes.
- Office work and study aids preparation.
- Individual help in carrying out educational tasks by children.
- Assistance in organizing and conducting tours.
- Assistance in the preparation of parties and school events, including technical assistance in decorating.
- Assistance in children’s therapeutic activities (swimming lessons, hydrotherapy, hippotherapy, dog therapy, sensory integration, etc.)
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
– Application form (signed) from Building Bridges
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges” and specify which project you are interested in.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Poland Akwedukt. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com