Se busca un voluntario europeo en Francia para participar en un proyecto en un centro de información juvenil de Francia.
Fechas y lugar de las becas para voluntario europeo
October 2017 – July 2018
Organización acogida voluntario europeo
The Information Centre in Caen, is a non profit association providing a free, confidential information service to young people and those who work with them on a wide range of subjects including careers, education, employment matters, rights and entitlements, leisure, sport, travel and European opportunities.
We provide information throughout the region of Normandy, editing publications, organizing information events or meetings, for a wide public or specific target groups.
The European volunteer will be part of the Europe Direct Unit, in charge of European and international issues in the Centre: information about the European Union, its functions, its policies, with a priority given to the Erasmus+ programme and international mobility opportunities for young people.
Support: 2 people in the Europe Direct staff: the chief in charge of the activities and the mentor. Both of them are previous European volunteers. One external mentor did participate as well in a volunteering programme.
Lugar y más información sobre voluntario europeo
Our association is located in the city centre of Caen, in the department of Calvados, in the Normandy region (FRANCE). Its location guarantees an easy access to all shops, public services and transport.
The city is 15 km from the Channel coast, and 2 hours from Paris (connected by train or motorway).
The aim of the Centre is to provide information to young people all over Normandy (mostly around the ancient lower-Normandy region). The volunteer may have to join the CRIJ actions taking place out of the city, or organized directly by other local youth information points located all over the region.
Accommodation: The volunteer will stay in a student dormitory so that he/she can meet other French young people on site. The accommodation will be located in Caen, the volunteer will be able to use the public transport and to enjoy the proximity of all services he/she may need.
-Activity: 35hours/ week including language course, and personal project. .
-2 successive days off per week
-2 days off/ month (= 25 days in totality for a 10 month voluntary experience).
Actividades de voluntario europeo
Information actions about Europe and international mobility, dedicated to young people.
The activities can be progressive. The volunteer will always be allowed to make suggestions.
Some easy tasks, that don’t request a lot of experience, may be proposed at the beginning:
• Dissemination of the Europe Direct pedagogical resources (leaflets, exhibitions, games): registering loans, updating the online catalogue, preparing the orders.
• Creation of “home-made” pedagogical materials with our staff (games, activities). The volunteer will be asked to help in creating it. If he/she is interested on it, he could also imagine and create new personalized tools!
• Public events (festivals, fairs): we present public games and communication activities about Europe with adults and children. The volunteer will be welcome to help us make our stand alive and attractive!
Further activities (depending on the volunteer’s independence, linguistic ability, and interest) which can be personalized more easily and which let more place for initiatives:
• School visits: management of activities with pupils, or participation as a particular example for European mobility describing to young people his/her mobility experience.
• Activities with children about his/her own culture and country. If he wants, he will be welcome to prepare some activities for children about it, and we will be pleased to help him/her out.
• Meetings at the CRIJ reception: The volunteer will be asked to get involved in animating our association, proposing and organizing new happenings, highlighting specific topics through exhibitions, meetings….
• Communication: website moderation, creation of communication tools (flyers, posters, videos). If the volunteer is interested, he/she will be encouraged to propose new contents or new designs.
• Events organization: Some big events organized by the association request the involvement of all of us (especially the summer job fair). The volunteer will be a great help in putting in place the event, and will help in prospecting job offers abroad. We could highlight his own country, dedicating him a special space.
• Writing tasks (depending on linguistic progress): radio programme, articles and interviews for the website.
This doesn’t avoid getting involved in the activities managed by other CRIJ units. The volunteer will also enjoy weekly time dedicated to his personal project, related to the Europe Direct activities or not.
Perfil voluntario europeo
We will treat equally all applications, without any gender, nationality, religious, and age or skills criteria. No specific degree or training will be required.
We will pay a special attention to human qualities that will make the volunteer feel comfortable with the Europe Direct activities.
• Interest for the European issues and intercultural relations
• Motivation for getting in touch with a lot of different publics.
• Curiosity • Taste for activities with children or young people
• Desire for independence • Interest for pedagogy
A driving license would be an advantage since the volunteer might need to travel through the region.
Proceso selección para becas para músicos en Francia
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “EVS France Clémence Caen.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”.