Te traemos esta oferta que están buscando voluntarios acuarios Dinamarca.
Fechas y lugar
Færgevej 4, 8500 Grenaa
Next volunteer period: 1st March 2018 – 21st December 2018
Deadline for application: 10th September 2017
Number of volunteers: 1
The centre is a dynamic and exciting place where you can experience the ocean and its animal life. The visitors get a unique experience and obtain new knowledge about the ocean world and in our aquariums you can experience animals and fish from all over the World. Shoal fish from the Danish coasts, crabs and lobsters from the North Sea, sharks and rays from the tropical oceans, seals and even some fresh water species.
In the school service we aim to support and deepen the teachings in biology at schools – ranging from primary schools to higher educational institutions. We have the second largest school service among Danish zoos and aquaria, and annually teach 13.000 children.
The center is situated at the habour in Grenaa, 3,5 km from the center of the town. Grenaa is a town with 13.500 inhabitants and the Kattegatcenter is important to the town attracting many tourists to the area. The weather in Grenaa can be windy and rough during wintertime, but for perople interested in sea and nature the area has a lot to offer.
Volunteering at the project
- the volunteer will learn about ocean animal life and ecosystems as well as maintaining an aquarium
- the volunteer will learn to promote scientific knowledge to an audience
- large variety of tasks: Construction of new aquaria, cleaning and maintenance of the existing aquaria, feeding and nursing of fish and the other marine animals, and any other activity which keeps the exhibits in order and well-functioning.
- tasks and responsibilities will depend greatly of the volunteer’s age, interests, and qualifications
- the volunteer must be aware that some of the animals are dangerous. We will of course provide the necessary supervision in order to avoid dangerous situations, but the volunteer must follow the given rules when dealing with the animals.
- the volunteer will be living in a host family
Cómo conseguir ser voluntarios acuarios
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Denmark Aquarium . YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com