Plaza Servicio Voluntario Europeo en Italia para 1 año en el proyecto: I CAN : GIVE ME A CHANCE!
Number of volunteers : 3
WHERE : SALENTO , ITALY
WHEN : 15 may 2015- 15 may 2016
ROLE OF THE VOLUNTEER AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The EVS poject “I can, give me a chance” will involve 3 volunteer for 12 month in cantieri creativi jump in , viale della repubblica 32, poggiardo and Creative urban Factory in Spongano.
They have different task: places for art, entertainment and the recovery of traditions, places of social use and experimentation of new technologies; employment services, training and youth entrepreneurship, exhibition spaces, socialization and hospitality.
Our activities stimulates young people’s entrepreneurship, the ability to make ideas become reality, in which they need creativity, innovation, the courage to take responsibilities and risks and the capacity of plan and run projects to achieve results. It is an helpful skill in every aspect of life.
The Activities will allow young people to put their selves on the test of a new situation, discover a new culture and go beyond their limits, even to be able to accept those.
The role of the volunteer will enrich and strengthen all activities of the association through its contribution and its active involvement in organizational activities, artistic, creative, and intercultural.
He will not replace specific professional but to integrate the offer, representing the added value that is given specifically by the contribution «relational» that can provide the volunteer. Volunteers also inspire us from the hosting organisation and develop in many cases our creativity.
The cultural community centres are quite innovative places in South of Italy and their main goal is to become the place of stimulation and support for different community activities, to activate community life and to enrich with new innovative activities. There for and for other reasons these centres have very wide working field.
Beside everyday activities (coffee-bar, bookshop, library) here are also organised cultural, advertisement, artistic, musical events, creative workshops, professional trainings, language courses. Participation of volunteers in this kind of activities would be very useful and needful. It would bring new ideas to the daily work of the centres, new organisation skills, new forms of work. Volunteers will get to know activities of local communities, youth organisations, life stile, traditions, social life.
The young volunteers will be hosted in this organizational reality, complete and complex, in which there are a series infinity of possibilities and potential.
TASK FOR THE VOLUNTEERS
This center is specific for events organization and for workshop of ancient craft.
The volunteer will be cooperating in :
-Organizing cultural events for local people using the skills or interests of the volunteer and the background of her/his country (e.g. concerts, exhibitions, theatre, dance or sport groups).
-Offering non formal education opportunities in form of language conversations or discussions on actual themes for local people.
-Assisting in the library, taking part in the projects they implement with schools etc.
making new contacts and involving local community;
– creating workshops 1-2 times a week activities with the language and music lessons, graphic arts, music for the children and adults
– Collaboration at providing of the leisure time and lifelong learning activities (trainings, seminars, trips & researches etc.);
– Garden care: take care of jump in’s big garden doing some gardening and some environment care.
– Social projects we organise local social projects with a vision of youth participation.
– Organizing sportive activities: Organize sports and games in the open yard with children’s and youngsters.
– Organize the meeting with other local associations and schools
– Taking part in the meetings of the partners, preparing and planning the activities of centre
CANTIERI CREATIVI POGGIARDO TASK FOR THE VOLUNTEERS
This is the principal center of the hosting organisation , its administrative office, where is carried out a work of secretarial and administrative management ‘ organization of events and projects.
Also in this office are welcomed and listened all public and private interested in information or collaborations.
The volunteer activities will be:
– helping in the office , or with the writing of emails, making of phone calls or translation of texts which use the volunteer’s language skills
– planning future activities for realizing evs advantages
– define the communication strategy of jump in
– Create workshop for kids
– Organize a programme or support the web radio
– They will learn how to record a radio program and broadcast it on the web.
– activities on valuating, analyzing and reporting
– Take part and promote the activities of jump in: advertise, prepare and take part into our laboratories
– Writing on the newspaper
– Communicate the activities of the centre on social media and distributing printed material
– Manage the social media of Jump in, produce foto, video and other informative material
Throughout their project, the volunteer will receive Italian lessons
We are able to provide to the volunteer 2 hours of Italian lessons 2 times for week for 2 month.
5 days per week, 35 hours a week, maximum 7 hours a day . The holiday will be taken by the volunteer upon a common agreement with the coordinating/hosting organisation.
According to the Erasmus plus programme, the volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of 115 euro at the end of each month.
The volunteer will receive a food allowance of 100 euro per month to buy food in supermarket.
Each volunteer takes the benefit of double room (separate beds) in shared apartment, with social space for all volunteers, TV and hot water in the bathroom.
You will have internet in the apartment.
Volunteer do not need any transportation to arrive to the office, they will move by foot in the village.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. We will not proceed with any candidature that do not write this into the motivation letter.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “EVS Italy Salento”