Servicio Voluntario Europeo para mayo de 4 meses en Rumanía
“Youth for Life, Partners for Education” emerged from our organization’s passion for investing in children and young adults. We promote personal initiative and we are committed to support all those who want to make a change!
We are strong believers in team work and a team spirit, and in EVS our mission is to support the volunteer to achieve the best of his/her potential through the activities carried out in the project. We are excited to contribute to the development of 8 key competences, for each volunteer, during this project:
- Learning to learn
- Cultural expression
- Interpersonal, intercultural; social and civic competences
- Communication in the mother tongue
- Communication in foreign languages
- Mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology
- Digital competence
- Access for disadvantaged
- Romas and other minorities
- Creativity and culture
- School after School: non-formal, educational activities for underprivileged children and youth
- Journalistic activities: up keeping a blog, Facebook page; elaborating a newsletter and brochure for the project.
- Inter-cultural Events: showcasing the volunteers’ cultures and traditions in a Romanian context
- Romanian language class
- Other activities of the organization & administrative tasks
The activities will take place in the the city of Arad. The volunteers will engage in activities that enhance active citizenship, intercultural exchange and dialogue, tolerance and anti-discrimination. The methods used will be specific to non-formal education (learning—by-doing, learning-by-playing etc.). The volunteers will be monitored and supported by a team comprised of a coordinator, activity facilitators, mentor, Romanian language teacher etc.
Food & Accommodation: double/triple bedrooms with shared cooking, washing, laundry and social facilities. A monthly food allowance is provided and a monthly allowance (pocket money) is provided, in accordance with the EVS rules.
Communication: Access to the internet; telephone + Romanian SIM card with a monthly plan for minutes.
Local transport: we will facilitate local transport for each volunteer.
The volunteer we are searching for should:
- Be between 18—30 years old
- Be interested in self-development in a multi-cultural environment
- Be flexible (because he/she will live in a group, where people are from different cultures and have different habits; and he/she will work with children, which also requires adaptability)
- Bring his/her enthusiasm into the activities
- Enjoy working with children (or wishing to have this experience)
- Support the Hosting Organization in reaching the objectives of the project
- Be interested to discover Romania
YOU CAN BRING:
≈ A SMALL SAMPLE OF YOUR CULTURE
≈ COLD WEATHER JACKET AND BOOTS
≈ CAMERA (DON’T FORGET THE CHARGER)
≈ LAPTOP (ALTHOUGH WE DO HAVE COMPUTERS HERE FOR YOU TO USE)
≈ SEWING KIT (FOR THOSE EMERGENCY REPAIRS)
≈ PERSONAL MEDICAL AID KIT
≈ PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS
≈ TOWEL (WE PROVIDE BED LINEN)
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS Rumania ARAD»
The deadline to apply is on Friday, 27th of March.