Buscamos voluntari@s para centro en Austria para desarrollar un voluntariado arte contemporáneo, con todos los gastos pagados.
Is looking for two (2) Volunteers
from all EU 28 Member States as well as from Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Switzerland from 1 st of September 2018 to 31st of August 2019.
It is an association for contemporary art based in Graz, Austria, and was founded in 1999. Most of the association’s activities take place in Graz, but it participates in, organises or co-organises projects in Styria, Austria, and many other European countries. There is also a particularly strong linkage to the Southeast European area.
Contemporary visual art is always the starting point for our programmes, with an emphasis on art production that explicitly deals with social, political, economical and ecological issues of our time. The public space is a highly significant site for < rotor >, as a space where we can make art happen in seeking to leave behind the confines of the art space and actively engage people with art and extend our audience.
Moreover, a strong focus on cooperation has always been an essential element of the < rotor > philosophy, as well as acting in networks.
The main fields of activity of us are:
– conceiving and organising art exhibitions (in our own space and in others)
– artistic interventions in public space, often involving participatory practices
– artist-in-residence programmes
– publishing books
– organising conferences, lectures, workshops, etc.
– organising a monthly artist meetings to support the networks of the local scene
– keeping and expanding an archive about artists from Austria & Southeastern Europe
Regular visitors of the programmes could be defined as people interested in contemporary art with a critical view on changes within contemporary social, political, economical, and cultural developments in Europe. But < rotor > tries to reach as many people as possible from diverse backgrounds – especially within the activities carried out in our immediate neighbourhood surroundings, where all kind of people with different social and economic backgrounds are addressed and participate in.
Tareas voluntariado arte contemporáneo
What we can offer in terms of Service and learning opportunities:
– it constantly organises several projects at a time (f.ex. exhibitions, conferences, interventions in public space, publishing books, etc.). It’s a great place to learn how to conceive, organise and carry out projects of all kind
– from the beginning to the end. This will thus support the volunteers’ sense of initiative and entrepreneurship.
– EVS volunteers will meet many different interesting people
– artists, activists, cultural workers, … and will thus be able to improve their social and civic competence – the volunteers will be in contact with many artworks and will thus learn about contemporary art, about material and technical aspects of artworks, about their handling, and so on.
– the volunteers will be provided with a computer and will be handling technical devices (needed for the exhibition) – and can thus improve their digital competence
– sometimes the volunteers are involved in the creation and the handling of a budget for a certain project, which supports mathematical competence
– It provides language courses for non-Germans speaking volunteers as well as for German-speaking volunteers who are interested in learning or improving another language – by keeping worksheets where the volunteers enter the projects they are working on and by reflecting on what they have done together with the mentor and how they have learnt, we try to support their learning to learn competence
We have two working places for the volunteers: one in the exhibition room where they are the first person one meets when entering , or they sit in the back office together with the team. The volunteers support us in all our projects, for example by: – taking over small organisatorical parts of bigger projects (i.e. communicating with artists and organisations, doing researches, booking travels/accomodation, …) – helping to set up exhibitions (not only hanging up pictures, but also preparing installations, setting up videoworks,…) – giving information to visitors – helping to keep our webpages updated – supporting the team in all kinds of daily tasks – attending to our archive
Procedimiento solicitud voluntariado arte contemporáneo
[box type=»note»]We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general ESC (European Solidarity Corps) one.
The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.[/box]
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general ESC one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
[button color=»purple» link=»https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83534036/Motivation%20letter%20EVS.doc» size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-pencil»]Motivation letter[/button]
[button color=»orange2″ link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-file3″]Application form Building Bridges[/button]