CIVIC SERVICE MISSIONS AT THE EUROPEAN GUILD
(From October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016)
Number of positions available:
THE EUROPEAN GUILD
NGO The European Guild is the most important French NGO that trains and sends volunteers abroad, particularly in developing countries, through such programs as the “Volunteering for International Solidarity” (VSI), the Civic Service, and short missions. Adventure, solidarity, and cultural open-mindedness are at the core of its actions. The European Guild has been committed to helping and empowering populations in developing countries for almost 50 years. It initiates operations of emergency assistance and humanitarian aid, as well as projects of cooperation and development.
ASSIGNMENT: DEVELOPMENT OF EUROPEAN VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS (PROJECT MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION)
The purpose of the mission is to participate in the promotion and development of European Volunteer Projects, in particular: – The implementation of the project «Volunteering in Humanitarian Aid» (VolinHA) initiated by the European Guild, which brings together 9 European countries in order to facilitate the exchange of good practice on humanitarian volunteerism. – The development of the «EU Aid Volunteers» initiative, which supports VolinHA and which foresees the creation of a European humanitarian voluntary corps. The notions of engagement, volunteerism, and inter-culturality, will be of great significance to the 2 civic service volunteers recruited. Their mission will be to contribute to the activities developed within the project and to be of support to the participating European actors. They will exchange with the European Guild’s staff, as well as with the other project partners and civic service volunteers, thereby enhancing the spirit of European citizenship among project participants. The volunteers will indeed be part of a European group of civic service volunteers of different nationalities, participating in the initiative in France, Italy, UK, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Hungary, Slovenia, and Latvia. This experiment aims at creating links between project partners, in an environment of intercultural and multilingual exchange.
The 2 volunteers will function as a team and will support the daily management and the communication of the VolinHA project and the International Programs division in general. Activities will be:
1/ Project Management
• Sharing information with partners and general partnership coordination
• Help with the animation of the civic service volunteers’ network within the European partner organisations of the project, with the possibility to visit those organisations
• Help with the organisation and logistics of special events (Salon des Solidarités, allpartner meetings over several days)
• Assistance with the production of a booklet on international volunteerism (security, health and safety, mentoring, inter-culturality, etc)
• Help with promotion and communications activities, related to the project specifically and to European programs generally (organisation of conferences)
• Help with the organisation of communications events (Salon des Solidarités, photo/video exhibition)
• Production of mini photo documentaries, conducting interviews and drafting articles
• Information publication: web, social media, and the European Guild’s Adventure magazine The volunteers may also participate in other activities at the European Guild within other divisions (Volunteerism, Micro-Project Agency). Training: the civic service volunteers will have the possibility to participate in the European Guild’s training programs on volunteer program management, project building and fundraising, in addition the civic training and first aid training offered to all civic service volunteers.
Ø Weekly workload: 35h/week Ø Mission duration: 12 months, starting October 1, 2015 Ø Civic Service allowance: 467€ from the State + 106,31€ from the European Guild. Ø Required work languages: English and French
Candidates must be between 18 and 25 years. For more information on the Civic Service Program: http://www.service-civique.gouv.fr/
Please send your application via email only: – Curriculum – Cover letter outlining your motivation (format of your choice: video, letter, story…) To: EUAV-Service-Civique@la-guilde.org Position reference: SC – EUAV