Founded in 1948, CCIVS is a coordinating body for international voluntary service (IVS) organisations it is made up of 200 diverse independent grassroots organisations in 80+ countries around the world (including three international networks SCI, ICYE & IBO) coming together under a common banner and vision that of social change through IVS and the ultimate goal of world peace. These organisations mobilise 40.000 volunteers per year and work with 3000 local communities.
CCIVS acts as a link to establish relations between the members and international institutions such as the EU, different UN agencies or foundations.
CCIVS activities projects include: Networking and International Representation: CCIVS organises inter-regional projects of IVS organisations, global meetings and participates in institutional forums and high level meetings
(UN, INGOS, public and private stakeholders) to defend the priorities of the International Voluntary Service Movement Training and Capacity building: Trainings for volunteers, leaders, trainers and staff of IVS
organisations to develop the organisational capacities of members Communication and campaigns: CCIVS puts IVS organisations and other institutions into contact and provides information, materials and tools. Promotion of campaigns to raise visibility and strengthen the work of IVS organisations
CCIVS is looking for a person who is open, willing to learn and to actively engage with the work of CCIVS. In addition to the responsibilities written below, CCIVS offers the chance to learn about the workings of an international network, to engage with people coming from diverse countries around the world and to discover the work of IVS organisations.
Job title: Administrative Officer
Status of post: The Administrative Officer is employed by CCIVS under the responsibility of the Executive Committee. S/he is accountable and reports to the Director. The post is based at the Secretariat in Paris. This is a full time employment starting from July 2018 on a one year contract under French legislation (CDD for one year), prospective for permanent position.
A. Main responsibilities
1. To promote and develop the work of CCIVS subject to the decisions of the General Assembly and the Executive Committee, under the authority of the Director.
2. To be in charge of the financial and administrative work of the CCIVS Secretariat working in
cooperation with the CCIVS Programs Coordinator and CCIVS Director.
CCIVS is an International Non Governmental Organisation (INGO) engaged in the field of International Voluntary Service (IVS), created under the aegis of the UNESCO in 1948. It brings together more than 200 international and national organisations from all over the world.
CCIVS focuses on 5 thematic areas: Human Rights and Peace, Environment and Sustainability, Poverty Reduction and Health, Active Participation and Social Inclusion, Cultural Heritage and Diversity.
B. Specific duties
The Administrative Officer is responsible for:
1. Administration and Logistics
a. To contribute to the implementation of actions decided at the General Assembly and implementation of the action plan;
b. Carry out all administrative work and logistics support for the Secretariat;
c. Ensure financial reporting (under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator) for the CCIVS Secretariat;
d. To ensure the timely reimbursement of participants;
e. To ensure the logistic implementation of projects and other events of CCIVS;
f. To keep the Databases of CCIVS up to date;
g. To relay financial reporting to the CCIVS accountant and to control the end of year accounts together with the Programme Coordinator and CCIVS Director;
h. To assist the Director and Project coordinator with any administrative needs;
i. To travel when needed and support with the administrative and logistical work of an event.
2. Volunteer Support
a. Acting as a mentor for the CCIVS volunteers
a. In addition, the Administrative Officer may be expected to undertake other appropriate tasks at the request of the Director and the Executive Committee.
b. To share the life and the ongoing operations of the small permanent team of CCIVS
Profile of the candidate
CCIVS is looking for someone who:
a. Supports the aims of CCIVS in promoting volunteering and international voluntary service programmes and activities to promote mutual understanding,reconciliation, inter-cultural learning, sustainable development and peace.
b. Has experience in administrative work
c. Has experience of volunteering and working with volunteers.
d. Is a goodcommunicator.
e. Has a good working knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
f. Is able to work independently, fitting personal initiatives into the overall Plan of Action.
g. Is able to respect, develop and work in team spirit.
h. Is ready to work long and flexible hours when necessary, sometimes underpressure.
1. Administrative Officer is directly responsible to the Director, who supervises the Administrative Officer on behalf of the Executive Committee.
2. Administrative Officer will be based at the Secretariat in Paris, but can be expected to travel on occasion when needed to support meetings, conferences, seminars, and project visits.
3.. The working hours are 35 hours per week according to French legislation. Working hours are flexible, irregular and sometimes long.
4. The Administrative Officer will be expected to participate on occasion in evening, week-end and even longer residential meetings, conferences, trainings, etc.
5. Annual leave consists of 2.5 days per month according to French legislation (i.e. 30 working days or 5 weeks for a full year of effective employment). Time off in lieu may be taken in mutual agreement with the Director and the Executive Committee.
6. The monthly brut salary is 1516€ 35 heures 50% of local transportation is also covered by CCIVS.
7. This is a full time employment starting from July 2018 on a one year contract under French legislation (CDD) prospective for permanent position.
8. There is no subsistence allowance for overnight stays and residential meetings.
9. There is a probationary period according to French law for a CDD contract
10. The period of notice in the event of resignation or dismissal would be that fixed by the collective agreement for the corresponding group. The employee should notify the Director of her/his resignation. Notice on behalf of CCIVS is served by the Director.
11. This “terms and conditions of service” will be submitted to the prospective employee for mutual consent before the appointment is taken up.
CV and motivation letter to the CCIVS Secretariat, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2018. Referal page www.yeseuropa.org
Interviews will take place in the first week of July; the position will be taken up in July