From: 05/09/2016 To:31/08/2017
The volunteer in hosting organisation helps a team in its everyday activities. Many activities led by the volunteer will be linked with the European thematic. For example, his/her activities could be :
– Helping in the organization and participation in activities / events about the European union and European and international mobility (conferences, debates, exhibitions, forums)
– Organizing informal activities and animations about Europe (for example linguistic coffees)
– Presenting the European union and its role in schools
– Sharing his/her experience of international mobility and his/her vision of the european citizenship with various public
– Keeping up-to-date the social networks ( Facebook/Twitter) and websites
– Helping in writing a monthly newsletter about Europe
– Realizing programmes, posters and flyers for events organized by the CRIJ
– Helping in welcoming the public at the CRIJ
DESCRIPTION OF ORGANISATION:
The hosting organisation is one of the 25 CRIJ in France (and over-seas). The CRIJ is an association which proposes services to the public in general thanks to the financial support of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the Regional Council of Poitou-Charentes, the General Council of La Vienne, the Urban Community of Grand Poitiers and the city of Poitiers.
The CRIJ proposes information and services that cover all themes of Youth Information : education, training courses, jobs, employment, health, everyday life, leisures and cultural activities, sports, holidays, Europe and other countries (education, training courses, jobs, employment, everyday life,…).
The CRIJ proposes also different services like an Internet access (6 computers, scanner, printer…), an accommodation service, the possibility to have appointment with lawyers for free, an office accommodation for small associations (youth associations), a display space for event announcement. 8 persons (including the director) work at the moment at the CRIJ.
The CRIJ is a coordinating organization that helps other organizations which don’t have enough human and financial resources to host EVS volunteers.
Our coordination role allows more young people from La Vienne to go abroad and diversifies the type of hosting projects in La Vienne. At the moment, the CRIJ coordinates 3 projects and plans to coordinate 2 more.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
The volunteer has his/her own accommodation or is in a house shared with other EVS volunteers.
(S)he receives monthly money for food and pocket money.
The volunteer has a bus card to travel on all the bus lines in Poitiers.
TRAINING DURING THE OPPORTUNITY
The volunteer will be trained in the screen printing as well as in the technical manufacturing process of a micro-edited book. (S)he will be also trained to the documentary techniques used within the structure (processing of documents, cataloguing, digitalization, on-line publishing of the collection).
On-arrival and Mid-term trainings organized by French National Agency.
The volunteer is someone open-minded and curious. The volunteer is motivated, interested in the project and above all is able to propose his/her ideas. (S)he should a have a particular interest for Europe and international mobility.
The volunteer is passionate about information, communication and animation. The volunteer likes teamwork but autonomous work as well. The volunteer has an interest for all the subjects linked to Youth and Youth Information.
A pre-intermediate knowledge of French language in required.
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) and skype name
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS France Poitou Les Ambassadeurs européeenes. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME» to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com