Place: Dublin Ireland
Period: from 1/05/2015 for 12 months
Details of other EVS opportunity
Peter McVerry Trust is committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage. Peter McVerry Trust provides low threshold entry services , primarily to younger persons with complex needs, and offers pathways our of homelessness based on the principle of the Housing First model and within a framework that is based on equal opportunities , dignity and respect.
We are looking to host a volunteer from 1 May 2015 for 12 months and the volunteer will be based in Dublin city and will have opportunities to work across our residential and day services. While the Erasmus Plus programmeis inclusive we would be interested in hearing from potential candidates who have experience and anunderstanding in working with challenging behavior.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in our staff training programme and will be offered full support and the Youthpass certificate.
About Peter McVerry Trust
If you decide to volunteer with Peter McVerry Trust it can be an extremely rewarding experience. You will be using your time to make a real difference to the lives of some of the most marginalised and disadvantaged individuals in our society.
Vision: An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society.
- To target those most marginalised in society and offer a safe, challenging and supportive environment through our service provision.
- To treat participants with warmth and respect and actively encourage involvement in all aspects of their own support plan.
- To offer a comprehensive package of support that will provide the best opportunity possible for them and assist them in planning a pathway out of homelessness or drug use, or if they continue to use drugs, to assist them toward some level of stabilisation in order to live a life of dignity, with respect and opportunity.
- To assist each person to re-establish himself or herself in the community and their move towards greater independence.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
-The complited application form below
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS Dublin Peter McVerry Trust” .
[button size=medium style=less_round color=blue align=none url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ev541aIqo_D_wywLb8W2og5lOIIXs9SKhuqYut-l09U/edit?usp=sharing]Application form[/button]