Kinderdorf „Lipperland“, Barntrup
The Westfälisches Kinderdorf is a small village for children and young people who cannot live in their family of origin any more. In each of the 15 houses a hostmother and a hostfather live together with their own children and with up to 6 children who they care for. One of the parents has a pedagogical education. More teachers and housekeeping staff help in each family.
Activities of the Volunteer
The volunteer participates in the pedagogical and housekeeping daily’s activities. For example:
- The volunteer helps the children to do their homework.
- The volunteer organises and carries out leisure time activities for groups of children.
- The volunteer accompanies the children for example with going shopping, sportive activities, cultural events in the school
- The volunteer helps with housekeeping.
Expectation towards the volunteers
- The applicants should be between 18 and 30 years old
- The applicants should have good knowledge of german
- The applicants should be motivated to work with children
- The applicants should be motivated to integrate in Germany
Conditions of EVS
- The volunteers are working 35 hours a week. The work can be in shifts and sometimes it will be also on week-ends
- The volunteers receive pocket money of 105,00 Euro
- Accommodation in a separate and furnished room at the placement. Food is provided.
- The volunteers are entitled to 26 days of holiday
- The volunteers receive a Youth pass at the end
- The volunteers will have the pedagogical support by 15 days seminars organised by the national agency and by 11 days organised by ijgd Bonn
The deadline for applications is the 15th of December.
A complete application should include the following:
- filled in application form for EVS
- 2 passport pictures
- motivation letter
Project start will be the 1st of September.
Please send us your CV and fill in a questionnaire you can find in the attachment to email@example.com with subject “EVS Kinderdorf GER”.
Please make sure you write on the motivation letter that Building Bridges will be your sending organisation.