LOCAL COMMUNITY: Arad is situated on the West part of Romania, 50 km far from Hungarian border, being the 13th biggest city of Romania, with around 200.000 citizens. In the past Arad was called “little Vienna” because the architecture from the center of the 2 cities were quite similar. The river that runs through the city is called Mureș.
October 2015 – August 2016
“OLE” is an EVS project promoting outdoor activities and entrepreneurial education that will take place in Arad, Romania between September 2015 and August 2016, for 11 months. You will be 9 volunteers coming for 3 different countries and will take part in outdoor activities that will contribute to:
The development of your entrepreneurial skills which will contribute to your employability, social inclusion and prosperity;
The development of your social capital;
The increased ability to engage into activities with a positive effect on the society. You will interact with at least 7 local partners that will offer the perfect setting for the activities and with 50 overweight children and young people for whom you will conduct the activities.
The activities will be FUN, ENGAGING and ENERGETIC. Examples: hitchhiking activities, dancing workshops, promoting cycling workshops, outdoor sports activities and sports, pony workshops, intercultural workshops, promoting Erasmus+ etc.
Accommodation – 2 persons/room, with access to a bathroom (common), a kitchen (common) and other utilities. Meal – you will receive a monthly food allowance so you can arrange your own meals. Local Transportation – you will receive a monthly tram ticket valid on all tram lines. Internet – you will have access to internet. LUGGAGE – WHAT TO BRING: It’s not necessary to take a big luggage, because you will have the possibility to wash your clothes. Take whatever you consider necessary. Bring your own: – Towels; – Laptop (if you have one); – Hair-dryer; – Medicine (if you are on a specific treatment). – Clothes Iron;
HOW TO GET TO ARAD:
Your destination is the city of ARAD and you have several possibilities to get here:
1. TIMIȘOARA AIRPORT – Situated 60 km from Arad; – In case you arrive here a member of the association will be in the airport waiting for you and will take you to your accommodation place.
2. BUDAPEST AIRPORT – Situated 260 km from Arad; – In case you arrive here, a driver will wait for you and take you to Arad, to your accommodation place where one of the members of the association will wait for you. The driver is from a company specialized with airport transfers, so they are professionals.
3. ARAD TRAIN STATION – You also have the possibility to arrive to Arad by train.
4. ARAD BUS STATION – You can come to Arad by bus if you are traveling from countries such as: Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc.
5. ARAD AIRPORT – We do have an airport here but there is only one active flight: Milano Bergamo – Arad, twice/week.
The deadline to apply is 20/08/2015 .
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “EVS Romania OLE”