Arts, Health and wellbeing
Cluj-Napoca is the third most populated cities in Romania, with a population around 300 000, to which adds an average of 80 000 students, as the city is one of the most important university centres in Romania. Situated in the heart of Transylvania, Cluj-Napoca has a diverse and growing cultural scene, with cultural life exhibited in a number of fields, including the visual arts, performing arts and nightlife. In 2015, our city holds the title of European Youth Capital. Cluj-Napoca has a continental climate, characterised by warm dry summers and cold winters. In summer, the average temperature is approximately 18 °C and winter temperatures are often below 0 °C, even though they rarely drop below −10 °C. The city is home to the secondlargest urban Hungarian community in Romania, consisting of approximately 50,000 Hungarians.
Starting date:1st March or 1st of July 2016 (depending on the availability of the selected volunteers)
Ending date: 28 February 2017 or 31st of June 2017 (depending on starting date)
We are looking for 4 volunteers with artistic skills who want to become facilitators of personal development through different arts, for children, young people and adults.
The goal of the project is to combine arts and psychology in order to foster self-expression and personal development, for members of the local community in Cluj-Napoca and the EVS volunteers. The main task of the EVS volunteers will be to create and facilitate personal development workshops based on different arts (music, dance, painting, theatre etc), for the local community. The workshops will be organized in a school, a hospital, the headquarters of the organization and other public places.
Profile of the volunteers:
aged 18-30, artistic skills, empathetic, open-minded, cooperative, motivated to learn new things. Knowledge or interest in psychology or other social fields are preferred, but strong motivation to learn more about this field can be enough.
What will happen in this project
- You will use the limitless potential of arts to help people fulfill their personal potential. You will be one of these people.
- You will grow, while helping others to grow.
- You will learn Romanian and why not, improve your English, as you will work in an international group.
- You will learn more about yourself, your personal limits and strengths and how to use them.
- You will definitely make new friendships and some of them will be long-lasting ones.
- You will learn some psychological stuff and at the same time, you will share your art with us and with the rest of the community.
- You will learn how to include your art in a project, how to organize an event based on arts and how to market it. Or, as they like to call it these days, you will develop entrepreneurial skills.
Who will be your beneficiaries
1. Young people and adults who want to make a change in their life or to be the best version of themselves;
2. Children of all ages hospitalized in the local Psychiatric section;
3. Middle school children from a local school.
What you are going to do
You will create, organize and facilitate personal development workshops based on different arts (music, painting, theatre, dance). For this, you will participate in many non-formal learning experiences that will help you develop organizational, psychological and marketing skills. Who we are looking for Four volunteers, preferably two boys and two girls, aged 18-30, with artistic skills, empathetic, open-minded, motivated to learn new things. Knowledge of psychology or other social fields is preferred, but strong motivation to learn more about these fields can be enough.
Who we are
We are an organization that helps people maintain or improve their mental health, through education, support and personal development. We focus on education to raise awareness of the factors that influence mental wellbeing and we offer support towards developing healthy ways of thinking and behaving. One year ago, we started using arts in our work, because we believe that they can facilitate selfexpression and personal change in ways that no other methods can. Our target group includes everyone who wants to take care of their mental health and develop themselves.
Accommodation and food will be fully covered, there will be a monthly allowance of 60 euro and the the travel costs will be reimbursed according to Erasmus+ regulations and will be as follows: Distance between project location and participant home: 0-99km: 0€ 100-499 km: 180€* 500-1999 km: 275€* 2000-2999 km: 360€* (Spain)
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS Romania ArtMinteforte. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME» to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com